Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kuta to KL

It's up at 3.30am to get to the airport in good time, and shortly I'm winging my way out of Bali and looking forward to my arrival in KL.  There's something mildly relaxing about revisiting a city you've visited before.  No longer "on edge" about what to expect, I find myself back in Petaling St searching out a hotel room.


Chinatown is as manic as ever, with street stalls, restaurants and crowds of both tourists and locals - a real buzz, particularly the steaming cauldrons of roasting chestnuts.  Moving a bit upmarket from the Red Dragon backpackers I stayed in before, I settle for the Winsin Hotel- two rooms with private showers and windows for a not outrageous price.

Pauline and Nik are flying in to KLIA, and being so far from the airport the train is the best way of getting there.  It's quite obvious really to have a train between the airport and city centre - Auckland seems to be lost in the dark ages. 

Pickup is like clockwork - great to see them again.  We swap stories and make plans for a Sunday in KL as we whistle back into town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dad, I recognise that chinatown classic photo! Can't beleive you guys are staying in the same hotel I stayed in once, what chance!!! Hurry up and put Nik's stork photo up! xx